Monday, August 27, 2012

Family That We Choose!

On a personal note, I have been blessed (my entire life) with some remarkable friends.  Friends are really the icing on the cake of life (totally paleo friendly cake, of course!!)  God created us for relationship with Him, so He clearly values interpersonal relationships!  My "oldest" friend and I met when I was ten years old and we are still close today.  My best friends in high school are still dear to me today.  My college roomate and I just recently had a wonderful reunion.  Friends that I made working in the school district, at my kiddo's ballgames, and serving in the youth ministry will forever live in my heart.  I LOVE my friends!  And once in awhile, that very rare friend is so precious, so dear, so loved, that the lines between friend and family are blurred.  God has given me a few of those kind of friends.  We truly are family.  We laugh when the other laughs and we cry when the other cries.  We get each other, without saying a word. 

So, when one of those cherished friends moves away, IT STINKS!!!  I get it, change is good.  Yeah, yeah, yeah!!  I said 'so long' to one of my dearest friends yesterday.  She and her wonderful husband are moving to North Carolina to be near family and begin a new and wonderful chapter in their lives.  She and I have shared some of life's highest highs and lowest lows.  She makes me laugh harder than anyone and I love her children like my own.

Love ya, Rose!  I'm already checking flights to North Carolina!  

No comments:

Post a Comment